Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Love

I know this is my personal opinion, but I really don't think one can experience true unconditional love until they have a child. Before Liam, I loved Keith and I loved my family. I loved fall weather and a good bottle of wine or curling up on the couch with a good movie. I loved traveling and days off of work and eating at good restaurants. But I didn't really know how love could shake me to the core until the night of February 2nd.
Liam arrived and my whole world changed forever. I never fully knew the concept of being willing to give up everything for yourself in order to make another one happy.
It is the little things like needing a new pairs of shoes, but buying one for Liam instead. Or not really worrying about missing a party or my favorite TV show or staying up to date with movies because I am instead perfectly happy sitting on the couch watching my baby sleep in my arms.
It is also the big things like already have high hopes and dreams for him to making decisions everyday that assure he is getting everything he needs to grow up and live the most perfect life he can.

I swear he gets cuter everyday. Each morning when I walk into his room and he is lying in his crib (or these days standing up), waiting for me and he gives me that sleepy eye smile, I just melt. Every picture I snap of him I think is a million times better than the one I got yesterday. I just can't get enough of the kid.
Love is different these days and better in every way. It makes me wonder how I am going to be able to love my next child as much as I love Liam, but nothing ceases to amaze me these days.
Here are a few pictures that you can't help but fall in love with...






No comments:

Post a Comment