Monday, September 19, 2011

Need Some Mommy Advice

For the past 3+ months, Liam has been sleeping like a champ. He goes down at night anywhere between 7:00 and 7:30 and sleeps till around 6:00-6:30. Life has been great.
That is until the last week or so. We are having some major sleeping issues and I am kind of at a loss as to how to get this resolved.
We have had a couple of nights where he will fall asleep in my arms after his night time bottle around 7 and then a couple where he is up and playing, happy as can be till about 8:30 or 9.
The trouble comes after he goes down in his crib. From the time he goes down to about midnight, he has been waking up 2-3 times. And when I say waking up, I am not talking about a little disgruntled, rolling around and then going back to sleep waking up. I am taking full fledged, screaming bloody murder waking up! We have tried just letting him scream, but after about 15 minutes or so, it is just unbearable. If we go in and get him, he usually will finally settle himself down and fall asleep in our arms.
So clearly, he is just wanting the attention, but why is he even waking up to begin with? I thought maybe his teeth were bothering him, but he is perfectly fine and his normal self during the day.
Has this happened to anyone else? Any suggestions? I am started to feel like I did the first two months of his life again...

No comments:

Post a Comment