Friday, September 16, 2011

4:30 Wake Up Call

I have come to realize that it is the little things that might make you angry at first, that really make for the best memories.
This morning, Liam woke up at 4:30. His sleeping schedule has just been off the past few days. In my half awake state, I heard banging and it didn't really register. Come to realize later in the morning that was him kicking his mobile up and down, great, I guess we have to take that down now.
Then around 5, I heard him crying. "Not getting that hour of sleep back" I thought to myself. I proceeded to his room to get him and he was standing, yes STANDING! I think that is actually why he was crying. He has never pulled himself up before and I think once he got there it scared him.
So anyway, I picked him up and brought him into bed with us. I know I shouldn't do that, but I figured he is too young still to register it all, at least I hope so...
He lied there with Keith and I and talked and cooed. We gave him a bottle and eventually he feel back asleep all curled up in my arms, just as it was time for me to get up and shower.
As I walked into work this morning, I pictured his little face and his pouty lips all cozied up with me and thought, "oh screw that extra hour of sleep!"

No comments:

Post a Comment