Monday, September 26, 2011

Constant State of Change

I realized this weekend that our house will forever be in a constant state of chnage now that we have a child. A couple of months ago I posted a picture of our living room and the 6+ baby contraptions that were crammed in there. I thought that was humorous.
Well here is what our living room looks like now:

We have graduated from swings and Bumbos to primary color letter blocks, toys and bumper padded tables. I think style and organization are officialy out the window. I mean just look at the dining room table in the background!
That new mat really is fun though. While Liam took his nap on Saturday, I got mesmerized by it. Wondering why there were two N's, P's R's and 1's and only one of each other character. Yes, instead of doing the dishes or laundry or cleaning the bathroom or one of the other million things that always needs to be done, I sat there and analyzed Liam's new play mat. :)
I should probably mention that the room is not even close to done. I have plans of rearranging all the furniture and buying some baby gates so the baby can truly roam without worry.


All that chaos on the dining room table was not just mess. I actually got pinterest inspired this weekend and made this:

My plan was to hang in on the front door in the spring and use instead of a wreath, but then I hung it in a blank space in our hallway and it seems to work. Maybe not the exactly colors of the rest of the house, but I think I will keep it.
Stay tuned for more pinterest inspired projects...hopefully soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment