Thursday, January 19, 2012

Penny for Your Thoughts

I've got a lot on my mind today and it is really preventing me from doing any work! Nothing crazy that should be occupying my thoughts, just all of it together is.

Here's what's going on in no particular order.

I went to dinner with a friend last night who is 5 months pregnant. She was telling me about how she is not going back to work after the baby comes. Of course, I got completely jealous. Now, even more than ever, I have this crazy idea I just can't shake. What if we buy a new house with an amazing basement fully furnished with a kitchen and all other amenities? What's to stop me from starting my own day care? I would like to think I would have some built in clients with all the baby bumps I expect to start popping out any day now. And my friend and her new baby can come over everyday to help as well. For now, it will just be a dream that prevents me from doing my actual job every now and then. :)

Liam has been on a crazy sleeping schedule. I think his teeth are really bothering him. He has molars broken through now on both sides top and bottom. The past few nights he was up between 9 and 11 pm in a rage of tears and shrilling screams, coughing and tantrums. He just can not be consoled. Bottles, Tylenol, rocking - none of it does the trick like usual and we are left trying to console his screaming for a couple of hours. I am EXHAUSTED!

Liam's 1st birthday party is on the 5th. So far no regret RSVPs, so I thinking we will have around 40 people. My mom and I started making some of the decorations but I feel like there is so much more to get down. We have to get the balloons and cupcakes ordered and plan the menu. The Saturday before will be filled with cooking and putting together last minute decorations. Then getting everything set up Sunday morning just perfect before the guests arrive. All for the little bug who won't even remember it ;), but at least it will be fun for everyone else. Here is a sneak peek at the decorations.


I also have two other personal things looming right now that I can't blog about yet. Again, nothing crazy, just not ready for the whole world to know about them yet. A couple of unresolved situations that I hope resolve themselves in the next week and then I can share. Even did the Chinese law of abundance superstition to help me out. http://y98.radio.com/?s=law+of+abundance

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment