Monday, July 25, 2011

Mr. Independent

As most babies do :), Liam is changing every day. It is so crazy to watch him figure things out right in front of my eyes. It makes me so happy every time I see him learn something new. However it also makes me a little sad. I get that "pang" in my heart thinking about how he doesn't need me for this or that anymore, or how he will be walking/talking etc before I know it and will no longer be my little cuddly baby.
This past week there were a few little events that gave me an slight indication that Liam is going to be Mr. Independent. I know once he figures something out on his own, he is going to continue to want to do it on his own. That slowly but surely he is going to need his mommy less.
The first incident.... Grandma and Grandpa took Liam to the zoo last week. When they dropped him off back home, I open the car door to get him out, and there he was sitting in his car seat holding a bottle of water smiling and drinking away. It was the cutest thing ever. When I feed him, he has grabbed and held on to his bottle for a few seconds, but I had never seen him hold on to it and direct it into his mouth without any help.


The second incident.... Like I mentioned in a previous post, Liam loves to be on the floor these days. He also loves to sit up on his own. He is not 100% there yet and still topples over quite a bit, but if we kind of lodge him into the corner of the couch, he really gets a kick out of himself.




And the third incident...Once this weekend after waking up from his nap and again this morning, Liam has figure out how to turn his mobile on by himself . (Sadly no picture of this occurrence yet.) He wakes up and scoots himself over to the front of the crib, reaches up and hits the button. I am thinking this might be a good thing. If this can entertain him for a few extra minutes in the morning, I will take it.

Also, I give Liam the "Baby of the Year" award after this weekend. I knew he was a good baby, but he continually impresses me.
On Friday night, we meet the Puccis in Tower Grove Park for Food Truck Friday. Liam was up about 1.5 hours past his bed time and didn't show it at all. In the crazy heat, he just sat there and played, didn't cry or fuss at all. He fell asleep on the ride home and transitioned to his crib without any problems. PERFECT!! Here is a picture of him partying it up. :)
Then on Saturday we went over to the Bueltmanns. The point of that visit was to book our November trip to Dominican Republic (Dreams La Romana). But while we were there, we took advantage of their awesome baby pools and lounged in the sun for awhile. Liam, again, just rolled with it. He stayed up and played the whole time we were there without getting crabby. I know I have a biased view, but I just think this kid is just awesome! Our next one is probably going to be a terror...

Mondays stink, but only 4 days till Michigan.

No comments:

Post a Comment