Friday, July 15, 2011

"Everyday" Moms

The other day I came across the Top 50 Mom Blog list. Let me tell you, there are some pretty amazing moms out there and some pretty easy to obsess over blogs. Check out kellehampton.com and thepioneerwoman.com if you haven't already.
While perusing through some of them, I have to agree, they would probably not only make my top 50 blog  list but also my top 50 mom list. But of course I got to thinking, why can't my blog be just as amazing? I mean I realize I do not live on a ranch and make fabulous food for my family every night or live in Florida and am able to sport Stella and Dot necklaces everyday or have awesome satirical wit, so maybe my blog is not nearly as fun to read as others out there.
I am just your typical "everyday" mom. And believe me, when I say "everyday", I say it with pride.
I work full time and so does my husband. There are times when we struggle to make ends meet. We drive cars that are practical and safe. We shop at Old Navy and Carters, A LOT :).We hardly ever get to the gym and we eat frozen ravioli for dinner more than I would care to admit. Every free second we have is spent with our son, bouncing around and making faces and singing songs, anything to get a smile and sometimes even that long sought out belly laugh. (Which is happening a lot more often these days!)
But I am not going to lie, I think that is pretty amazing. I think it is just as amazing as the moms that are able to stay home with their children every day, capture every moment in the life through beautiful photos, whip up grilled kabobs and peaches like it is no big deal and still look fabulous doing it all.
I really hope that majority of moms out there are more like me and not like the ones I read about. It sure would help me feel a whole lot better about the life I am leading...
So today I thought maybe I would give a shout out to some of my favorite "everyday" moms.

There's Heidi which is my "pioneer woman" when it comes to being a mom. Heidi had babies long before any of the rest of us did and she is leading the way. With two very energetic little girls running around, she will still stop to talk to you about any mommy issue you might be having and is willing to offer her advice. And the advice she gives is always spot on! Here is a picture of Heidi with Olivia and Evelyn (Livy and Evy).

Then there's Jilian. Not only can she rock a skinny pair of jeans and high heels like it is nobody's business, she can do this all while chasing after her active 1 year old trying every trick in the book to make her laugh. Snorting noises, raspberries and jumping out from behind walls with giant smiles on her face are just the start. Not only does she get that baby to laugh all the time, she also knows how to really get me going. Here is a picture of her and the gorgeous Avery.

Then there's Lindsey, who is a lot like me. She works a very stressful job where she probably doesn't get the all the recognition she deserves, has to drive 45 minutes home every night just to spend an hour or two with her little one before he goes to bed. She is always there to listen to my stories about Liam and share hers as well. I probably would have lost my sanity during my pregnancy without seeing her everyday. Here is a picture of her and handsome Jackson (only a few weeks younger than Liam).

Of course these are not the only special moms in my life, but just a few I decided to highlight today. I hope I can continue to learn from them and maybe they can learn a thing or two from me as well.
So wear your "everyday" mom button with pride this weekend all you moms out there. I think you are pretty darn awesome!

1 comment:

  1. Good post Jacks! Here's to hoping someday I can aspire to be as great as an everyday mom as you are :)

    ReplyDelete