Monday, March 26, 2012

A Weekend Without Daddy

Keith was gone all weekend. He left Thursday after work to go on a guys golf weekend at the Lake of the Ozarks. So Liam and I were "all by ourselves" all weekend. Although really the only time we were without company was from around 5 at night till 9 in the morning.
It really was an interesting thing being without Daddy for that long. While Liam and I kept busy and had lots of fun, the nights were very quiet and lonely. And since Liam decided this would be the weekend he didn't want to take naps, I had a hard time getting a shower in or anything else done for that matter.

And in my true horrible mom fashion, I did not take many pictures other than a few shots from my phone, but here is a re-cap of our weekend together.
Thursday night Liam and I went over to my Dad's for some porch time and dinner. Liam enjoyed playing outside, digging in the pots and sweeping up after himself.
On Friday night, my mom came over and we made fish tacos for dinner. After Liam went to bed, we watched "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo." It was pretty intense. After my mom left, I let Turner outside. When he didn't come back right away when I called him, all I could picture was him dead outside somewhere with all his legs cut off. (Watch the movie. :))
On Saturday, (after I had to go to my mom's to shower because Liam wouldn't nap), we headed down to the Botanical Gardens and enjoyed lunch outside. After walking around for a bit, Liam decided the stroller was a good place to nap, but that only lasted about 45 minutes. We then headed to Target and Sams. Liam and I capped off the night with another walk at home. Once he went to bed, I enjoyed some Pinot Grigo and Sex and the City 2.
On Sunday my dad and Ceil picked us up around 8:30 and we headed to Courtesy Diner for some breakfast. Afterwards we went for a long walk around Forest Park where we meet Uncle Bill and Aunt Karin's new dog Koda. This is what I really wish I had a picture of. Talk about cute overload. A 9 week old puppy and Liam together!! During our walk, Liam decided to fall asleep again and again it was short lived, only about 30 minutes.
Later that night we headed over to my mom's where we got yet another walk in. Keith got home around 4 and headed over and we all had corn beef and cabbage for Uncle Bill's birthday.
Keith and I ended the weekend watching a highly entertaining episode of Shameless.
All in all it was a great weekend. I am very happy to have my husband and my helper ;) back home with me though.

And one more picture of Liam for good measure...

No comments:

Post a Comment