Wednesday, March 14, 2012

March In Like a Lamb?

The saying "March in like a lion, out like a lamb" is not holding true this year. So far March has come in and continued quite beautifully. I am probably jinxing everyone by saying this, but I am so glad to not be worrying about severe weather right now and instead enjoying 80 degree temperatures each day!

With that being said, we had the most perfect day on Saturday for a "girls getaway". Miranda, Heidi and I meet up around 1 and headed out to Cedar Lake winery. It was absolutely gorgeous outside. We each had a wine tasting and then enjoyed some lunch before we headed out to the patio. It was crowded so we had to spend some time sitting in the grass, but eventually got ourselves a table.


I could have sat out there all day. It really was perfect and the company wasn't too bad either!
I wanted to get the girls something to remember our littlegetaway by so...

What?? You wouldn't treasure green, plastic light up glasses forever?! After the winery, we head back to Innsbrook for the night. We made pizza and drank more wine and enjoyed some Taboo. While some might think that the three of us could get pretty crazy... I think we all ended up asleep by 10:00. And rightfully so because I woke up feeling like I had been run over by a truck. I just can't handle it these days. :)

The week's amazing weather has continued and I am so happy to have an extra hour of sunlight now. We have been stir crazy and it is nice to get out of the house at night with Liam. He is happy just walking around our cul-de-sac but on Monday we took him to the park and last night over to G&Gs for a bit to hang out.

I take a picture of this tree right outside our window every year. It is just so pretty and is a true sign that spring is here. And although it seems really early this year, I hope it decides to stick around for a bit. I don't think I would be able to handle being stuck in the house because of the cold again. We are so excited to start talking Liam every weekend to the zoo, Botanical Gardens, etc. Let us know if you are interested in joining us sometime! :)
Happy awesome weather week!

No comments:

Post a Comment