Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Up North

As promised, here is my Michigan or "Up North" post.
Last Thursday we made the trek up to Northern Michigan. We decided to split the trip by stopping in Chicago since I didn't think Liam could handle 10 hours in the car. For the most part, he looked like this, but he did have a few crabby moments.


Once we got to there on Friday afternoon, it was straight to the lake. I kept telling myself I wouldn't bring him in the lake because it was too cold, but it just looked so inviting and I couldn't help myself. He really seemed to enjoy it.



The week was great. The weather was amazing. Lots of Liam time.


Lots of beach time...







Took a cocktail cruise which Liam did not like because he was stuck in a life jacket. The only way I could keep him happy was to lay him on my lap and let him suck on ice cubes.






Keith and I got a night away and actually got to have hummers with the cousins.



JC planked...:)

The cousins attempted to plank...



The slack line and bags (notice the awesome customized Busch set) were lots of fun!




We ate too much delicious food (as showcased in my previous post).

Liam sported many cute outfits. One that actually fit Uncle J.C. back in the day.


We played Bananagrams and I am now obsessed.


We porch dwelled for most the day...





Because the views are amazing.




We went shopping and went for walks.




And we even got in some great family pictures.





Overall it was a wonderful vacation. And then we came back to the 100 degree weather. I am glad it looks like we are finally getting a little reprieve from that.
I will probably post the lot of all MI pictures on Facebook.

Hope you all have a wonderful week! Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment