Monday, August 29, 2011

My Not So Baby, Baby

Despite the fact that I was gone half the weekend, I really had a great time with Liam. We are looking forward to next one being three days and playing in Innsbrook.
Mom had a bachelorette party to go to all day on Saturday, so Dad and Liam got some quality bonding time. The bachelorette party was a blast but, and I know I am stating the obvious, I can not party like I used to. Going from 1:00-1:00 when you were up at 5:30 that morning, is difficult. And then only getting a few hours of sleep that night only to wake up around 6:30 the next day is just plain exhausting. I did survive though. And Liam took a long nap on Sunday morning so I napped too!
Most pictures from Saturday are probably a little to discriminating for my blog ;), but here is one of me and the bride. Congrats Linsey!


The time I did get to spend with Liam was amazing. I swear the kid gets cuter every day. Funny thing is he is breaking teeth, but instead of being his two top front ones now, they are actually the next too over. So he is looking a little vampire-ish, but still cute as can be.

When Liam was really little, like birth to about 3 and a half months, he would fall asleep in my arms all the time. Or Daddy would lay him on his chest and he would just sleep there for hours. I really should have enjoyed those moments a little bit more now. That among ever other thing he does daily makes me feel like he is not really a "baby" anymore.
It is rare that Liam now falls asleep anywhere but his crib, but when he does, I have a hard time putting him down. I mean just look at those lips...

Everyday he is getting more and more active. Now not just wanting to grab all of his toys, but also inspect them, shake them, move them from one hand to another, throw them down and pick them up again, etc.
And he is just so close to crawling. Everyone keeps telling me that things will change so much once he is mobile, but the thing is even though he is not technically crawling, he is pretty dang mobile. We always put him down on the rug or a blanket and he can roll and scoot to get to where he needs to be. This weekend he rolled right on to the hardwood and it was a whole new ballgame! A lot easier to scoot on slick hardwood. :)
He also now loves to hold his own bottle and not only with his hands but with his feet as well. He will no longer just let you put a hat on him because he has figured out how to get that off in 2 seconds flat. He is way to aware of when you go to a different room and leave him for a minute, whining until you pop back in. He is starting to get a really big kick out of playing peek-a-boo and he needs to constantly be entertained.








And just for fun, everyone keeps telling me how much Liam looks like me, but I snapped this picture last night and I think I might have to argue that.

Oh and one more thing (man I am rambling a lot today), I remember when Hayley gave me those PJs right after Liam was born and thinking they were huge!!

I think once summer is officially over next weekend, it will also be officially time to baby proof the house. Time to get ready the next adventure on this leg of our journey. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment