Friday, August 19, 2011

The Bucket List

If you know me well, you know that I love making lists. Most people like making lists because they get satisfaction when they can cross something off as completed. I don't think this is why I enjoy them. For me, I need a place to organize my thoughts. The majority of almost every day I have so many different things going on in my head, it could drive someone crazy. Whether it be a running list of what I need to get at the grocery store or the food that Liam has tried to date or things I want to blog about or my bucket list, I need a place to organize them. Also as dorky as this is, there is just something about a clean white piece of paper and a really good pen that makes making lists really exciting! So why I haven't made a list on my blog yet, I am really not sure.

In high school my good friend Hayley and I made a list of "things to do before we die". We both had some pretty grandiose dreams. One of which was the idea that we would, without a doubt, open our own jewelery boutique and call it Pink Lilacs. The list is long lost now but I am pretty sure it included things like skydive, travel to Australia, rent a convertible and road trip, have kids that grow up down the street from each other and become best friends!

While a lot of the things that seemed so important as a 17 year old high school student with my best friend at my side have changed, it is funny that the root of most have them has remained the same. So now that I am am an experienced, level headed, know exactly what I want out of life (insert giggle) 29 year old, here is my new bucket list...

1. Travel - anywhere. However, and most people don't believe this, I would be happy only traveling in North America. Now don't get me wrong, if someone presented me with a ticket to Australia or Ireland or anywhere else, I would not pass it up. But I honestly think I would be perfectly happy spending my life exploring what the 50 states have to offer.
2. Have another child or 2 or 3. ;) Adopt one as well.
3. Live in a house that has the following: a two car garage, a master bathroom with double sinks, a big open kitchen where I can cook while I can still keep an eye on those 1-4 children, a finished basement, a sun room, a huge patio and maybe even a pool!
4. Learn to cook - at least a lot better than I do now.
5. Write a book. This was never on my bucket list. In fact this was always on my bucket list for my husband. But ever since I started this blog, I have been more interested in writing one myself. Although I have absolutely no idea what I would write about.
6. I guess before I write the book maybe I should focus on my blog. Have a blog that is awesome, yes awesome. Define awesome you say, not really sure how. I just know it would be a great thing to be able to stay at home with Liam and my future so many children and blog to make money!
7. Be more creative. Yeah that is pretty vague, but I feel like I have all these creative juices flowing and no here to channel them right now. I would be really happy having a successful Etsy business, or getting paid to take pictures or something like that.
8. Watch my 1-4 children grow up and live happy and full lives. (Which better include graduating from college and providing me with some grand children.)
9. Run or marathon or a couple more half marathons.
10. Grow old with Keith. I picture the two of us in an empty house sitting on the front porch in our matching rocking chairs, sipping coffee or let's be honest it will probably be wine, happy not saying a word at all, kind of growing old together.
11. Make new friends and keep the old. :)
12. Own a house in Innsbrook and watch my family enjoy quiet lake life.
13. Be happy!

I know there are more, but that is it for now!

Oh and if I can just take another brief second and say...PINTEREST.COM. Where have you been all my life? A virtual picture list...sign me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment