Friday, June 3, 2011

How'd We Get Here?

I thought for today's blog post, I would back up a bit and tell the story of how we got to where we are today.
Keith and I decided to start trying to get pregnant after our trip to Florida in April of 2010. We thought this would be "one last hurrah for us". So we headed to Naples with some of our closest friends and had a great time! Here is a picture of all of us.
As soon as we got home, it was game on! :) Lucky for us, that game did not last too long. I think we were pregnant a week later. I can't imagine it lasting any longer than that because it was stressful enough as it was, as I am sure many people can attest to.


So started my nine months. I have to say, it was easier than I thought it was going to be. Although I had my fair share of nausea, migraines, back pain and vision problems.
My due date of January 29th came and went and an induction was scheduled for February 2nd. That happened to be the day after the biggest snow/ice storm in history hit St. Louis or at least that is how the newscasters made it out to be. The night before we got phone call after phone call from everyone we knew making sure we were okay and wondering how we were going to get to the hospital. Keith being Keith informed everyone we would drive. And that is just what we did the next morning.
We got to the hospital around 7 am and at 9:44 pm our baby boy decided to grace us with his presence. (Not without a bit of resistance though :)).






So after two days curled up in the hospital, we headed home to start our journey as a new family. And four months later here we are today. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment