Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Baby Toys/Contraptions - How Did We Get Here? ;)

I have come to the conclusion that most baby toys/contraptions are insane!
Liam has been kicking his legs a lot lately and when you stand him up he is able to bear weight. So this weekend we decided it would probably be a good idea to get him a jumperoo/exersaucer whatever you called it thing-a-majig! I did not realize what an adventure this would be. We first went to Target on Friday night, not happy with the selection and prices (nothing cheaper than $90), we went home empty handed.
We decided to go to Babies R Us the next day thinking they would have endless options there. Not so much! They only had about 5 options and all of them were $100+. Aggravated at this point and not wanting to go back to Target we just bought one for $100. Seriously? I can't remember the last time I spent $100 on something for myself. :)
The story does not end here though. Putting together this monstrosity was the next hurdle. Keith started by opening the box and each individual box inside which took about 15 minutes. I then tackled the first phase of putting the thing together. When my fingers couldn't take anymore and I had scratches up and down my legs, I passed the rest of the project on to Keith. And about 1.5 hours later, our $100 contraption was finally put together! But of course the little boog loved it. We placed him in it and I could hear him banging all the toys from a couple rooms away. Here are a few pictures of him enjoying himself.




Now to the "how did we get here" part of the post :)...
I wish I would have taken advantage of walking around our living room without tripping over anything prior to the baby arriving because now our living room looks like this.

Are you kidding me? We have the swing which was great for the first 3 months of his life. We can still stick him in there every once in a while, but it does not work the same miracles that it first did. We have the playmat which is actually still highly entertaining to Liam. Although we have only had it for a little over a month so I am sure it is coming to the end of its life cycle. We have Bumbo seat which, if I am using it correctly is only used while Liam is learning to sit on his own. Once those ab muscles allow him to do it on his own, I am sure the Bumbo sit will be put away. We have the car seat, which yes, is highly beneficial, especially considering all the car trips Liam's crazy parents take him on, but even that is only good till he hits 22 pounds. And then we have the newest contraption which according the box has to go into storage once he reaches 25 pounds. I won't even let you all know how much our mini Babie's R Us totals up too. It is just a good thing that half this stuff came as gifts.
My point is although everything is absolutely wonderful, it all has such a short time frame in which it can be used. I am guessing this is just how it is going to be the rest of our lives. One toy/contraption/trend/hobby in and another one out. It is a good thing we should be able to use all this stuff for our next child. :)

And just because I thought Liam looked so stinkin' cute in his outfit this morning...

No comments:

Post a Comment