Monday, February 4, 2013

Fireplace Transformation

So a couple of months ago, I posted these pictures on Facebook...
Shortly after, I got a text from my Aunt Ellen saying she had a really great and easy project for my brass fireplace...
Well that put the wheels in motion. I was never very fond of the fireplace but really never thought of it as something that I could DIY. The more I looked at it after that, the more I hated it.
Then I went to my friend Denise's and saw how gorgeous her house and mantle were decorated and knew something had to be done.
It started with finding a boxwood wreath at Target and then shortly after an awesome mirror for an awesome price at Homegoods!
Next with Keith's help (since I didn't want to be pregnant inhaling paint fumes) we did Aunt Ellen's project and spray painted those ugly brass doors.
Well once that was done, I realized just how ugly (and tarnished) the brick was. So Keith took a day off work and tackled that.
I love the end result and it really was not that expensive at all. With the new mantle dressings, I am pretty sure everything was less than $200.

So the big reveal... (please ignore all the toys in the picture I was clearly too lazy to move)
And some detail pics.



No comments:

Post a Comment