Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Our "Eventful" Easter

Easter did not go quite as planned this year. The plan was to go to church at 10 followed by brunch at my mom's complete with Liam's first "Easter egg hunt" and just overall all enjoyance of the beautiful day.

Instead I recieved a call from my mom around 6:30 saying that she needed to go to the emergency room. After being there for a few hours, they finally concluded it was her appendix and took her to the OR. Bill waited until she went to prep and I rushed home to take a shower and sneak a few pictures in of Liam in his adorable outfit. A couple hours later (after all the food was gathered from everyone's respective houses), we had Bill, Karin, JC, cousin Dave and his girlfriend over for "brunch" at 2:00.

Sidenote: While it was great to still be able to enjoy a Easter meal amongst all the craziness, I had just hosted a baby shower at my house the day before. I felt like I was picking things up or wiping things down with Windex for like 72 hours straight! And even though our trash had just been picked up on Friday, it was overflowing again by Sunday evening.

So around 5:30 we got a call from the hospital letting us know that my mom was out of surgery and out of the recovery room. While I was suspicious why the surgery took so long, we headed back the hospital with just a few of her things thinking she would be coming home Monday morning. Well wasn't I being naive... turns out her problems were a little more extreme that once thought and she will be in the hospital recoving for the next 5-7 days.
I am suprised I haven't recieved a call from my cell phone provider asking if my phone was stolen this weekend. I used it more yesterday keeping everyone informed of what was going on that I normally do in a month!

So needless to say, I am exhausted right now and I know I have a long week ahead of me. My mom is doing much better. She is still in a lot of pain, but they are pumping her with enough Morphine to relax her!

I hope everyone else got to enjoy the amazing weather on Easter. Here are a few pictures I was able to take.








No comments:

Post a Comment