Tuesday, January 29, 2013

2012 Goal Recaps and 2013 Resolutions

It really seems like just yesterday I was writing my resolutions for 2012. And what a shame because most of them did not get accomplished. Here was my 2012 list.
-Make sure we are maximizing our 401K opportunities.
-Start making monthly contributions to Liam's college fund.
-A healthier lifestyle. Not sure what that all includes yet, but maybe a work out plan would be nice as well as eating at home more.
-Vacation. Hopefully a long weekend away for my 30th and a trip with friends and their children.
-Baby #2.
-Which means we will need a new house. Or at least get ours on the market in 2012.
-Get organized!

And here are the results:
-Don't think I did one thing as far as our 401K goes... We did save a lot in 2012 though which will put a small dent in a down payment for a new house if that ever happens.
-Didn't make one contribution to Liam's college fund! What is wrong with us?! Oh right, we were saving for a house per the note above. :)
-I had about a 2 month period where I woke up early every morning and went for a jog. That ended pretty quickly once I got some good news (cliffhanger I know, but just read like two more bullets down). We have been eating in more often but still don't have a very good plan in place to get dinners made quickly, healthy and cheap.
-We went on vacation. Keith and I had our mini staycation downtown for my birthday. We spent 4 days at Table Rock with Keith's family and 4 days at the Ozarks with our friends. Also Liam and I got to spend a couple days in North Carolina.
-Baby # 2 is on the way!! Due date June 3rd. That is why my work out plan went out the window. I am 10x more tired with this pregnancy than I ever was with Liam but I guess I can contribute most of that to the fact that Liam is around now. :)
-Our house went on the market for a few months but we didn't even get a nibble. We decided to take it off the market and make do for now. We will obviously live there for a little while with 2 and see how it goes. Hoping maybe we can be in a new house in 2-2.5 more years.
-Organization is slowing happening. More things are happening now that we have the baby on the way. I think it is going to be a never ending process.

With all that being said, here are my goals for 2013:
-Bring a healthy newborn baby boy into the world.
-Make an impression at work. Yeah that is pretty vague, don't have a clue what that looks like yet.
-Vacation. I think this will be a lot more lofty this year once the baby gets here. My maternity leave will be over summer though so maybe we can go somewhere then.
-Money. We will have two in day care so saving might be a thing of the past and the future. But I would like to make sure we are cutting back and saving where we can. And that pesky college fund should probably finally get some attention.
-Make sure Keith and I make time for each other and ourselves in the midst of this upcoming craziness.

Again, I am sure there are more but this is the list for now.
Here is the New Year's card we sent out this year:

No comments:

Post a Comment