Monday, May 13, 2013

A Perfect Weekend

It's amazing what a weekend of beautiful weather and a good night's sleep can do for you. Some might say it was a little chilly this weekend but I thought it was perfect! Liam had an absolute blast spending so much time outside and I just loved watching him have fun.

Friday night we meet the newest addition to the Haarmann family, baby Owen! No pictures unfortunately but so fun to see a Haarmann BOY! Liam, Olivia and Evelyn entertained us for the evening dancing and running around the living room.

Saturday morning started with an early trip to Lowes. We got some new flowers for the yard. Got home and actually got about 2 hours of yard work done. With a 2 year old and me being 37 weeks pregnant, I would say that is quite an accomplishment. Still some stuff to get done but the yard is looking pretty good this spring!
We had to entertain Liam while Daddy was cutting the lawn and he suggested he wash my car. What a great idea. That kept him busy for awhile...


 But then the wheel fell off the lawnmower and Daddy had tools and that is so much more fun.
Saturday afternoon we headed to Jack's 1st birthday party. Liam had a hard time understanding that all the new toys were not for him but luckily Jack was kind enough to share. He had an so much fun running around the backyard playing with all the other kids. He is still saying "Jack's party!".

Saturday night, Liam slept the whole night in his bed and did not wake us up once. I know it was a fluke, but I am going to take it as a great Mother's Day gift!
Sunday we started the day with brunch with my family at Uncle Bill's. Liam again couldn't contain himself running around the giant backyard. He even slipped into the garage to "drive" the jeep for a bit.


After all the fresh air, Liam passed out on the couch at home and I got a tiny nap in.
He woke up and Pappa and Granny came over for a brief visit and more outside time.
Keith then cooked dinner in a hurry and we ate quickly (seafood stuffed salmon, roasted veggies and cheesy orzo) because we had to meet this family for frozen yogurt at Yo My Goodness.
Liam and his cousins squeezed in the last of moments of the weekend and the weather running around outside after ice cream and waiting for choo choos.
Then it was back home for a quick bath (Liam's legs were itchy :)) and Liam was down by 8:00. I had felt so good from my full night's sleep that I was able to sit down and watch the whole Survivor finale. The perfect end to the perfect weekend.
Oh but one weekend fail... NO family pictures! I am so bad at that. I really want to get one before the baby comes.

On a final note... Liam is so goofy these days. He speaks/sings a lot of made up words... at least they sound made up to me. I caught this on camera in between all of our outside time. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment