Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Birthday Party

Liam turned 1 on the Thursday and his big party was Sunday!
We decided to have the party at Sage just because our house would not have held everyone and of course it was a nautical theme. I got a lot of great ideas from Pinterest and Etsy and with the help of my mom, we were able to make some great decorations on the cheap. My friend also had decorations left from my baby shower (Ahoy It's a Boy) and we used those as well.
 We had a banner that said "I am One" with all of his month pictures below it.
The cupcakes were from Schnucks and they were amazing!

 We also made party favors for everyone to take home - chocolate covered pretzels!
We had a menu of pulled pork sandwiches, egg salad, "Zia's" salad and fruit kabobs (again, thank you Pinterest!)

Liam looked the part in his new shirt from Etsy. As soon as he got there we tied a balloon to his wrist which kept him highly entertained.
Liam got a ton of great presents but after opening the first two, he really wasn't interested anymore. So I enlisted the help of Colin, Olivia and Evelyn. Opening presents with three kids crawling all over you is not the easiest task! I just hope I get the correct thank you notes out to each person. :)
After presents, Liam got to enjoy his first cupcake. The icing was definitely the hit but he did eat about half the cake as well.

Thanks to everyone that came! We had an amazing time. Birthday number 2 will be a lot more low key and a lot less expensive.
Special thanks to Heidi for all the pictures, Karen for helping me set up and tear down and my mom for help with the whole thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment